Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
Oh, the laundry. It is the neverending bane of my existence. I have no routine other than when I am running out of clothes for work, I desperately need to do it. But I am bad about it, distracted by other things and comings and goings, etc. so sometimes it sits in the washer and dryer until it needs to be redone.
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
100. Until then, I think I will keep in my mind that I am truly 20! That’s how I feel most of the time now, barring my lapses when pain overtakes me and my body feels like I’m 100.
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
I don’t set a lot of long-term goals for myself. I know that seems odd but I think it has always been that way. Perhaps a secret small part of me knows that my goals are not my own – just as my time and my life are not. They belong to God and he changes my path as he sees fit.
I’m probably being more philosophical about this question than it really intended…so perhaps one goal, going back to a comment I made yesterday, is to lose some weight!
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
I have a few unbelievable email correspondences lately…but I will keep the details of those to myself for now!
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
There is a definite difference between happiness & joy. On the joy scale, I’d say about a 9 (joyful about Betsy’s baby on the way, joyful to be getting together with my girls tonight, joyful that it is the weekend). On the happiness scale, more like a 4 frankly.
Oh, yes…my mood runs the gamut!
- Frustrated…because I can’t seem to connect with the new petsitter. She was supposed to come over tonight – after about two week of phone tag – to meet Ramona and see if Ramona will tolerate her. I hadn’t heard from her by 7:30 so I called and she just called me back now to say she was somewhere else and time got away from her. I know stuff comes up, but I need to get this situation resolved. Now she is not coming until Monday, which also frustrates me. I can’t believe that it is this hard to coordinate our schedules. A friend at work told me about another petsitting service but I really like this one. I don’t know what to do.
- Excited…because my dear friend at work will soon be having her first baby, a girl. I stopped by her house tonight on the way to the dr and she is looking very well. All signs are pointing to a baby sometime tomorrow or over the weekend.
- Irritated…because of a situation in my life that continues to be chaotic, despite my herculean efforts.
- Happy…that I will get to see my youth group girls tomorrow night to watch High School Musical 2. It was very cool that they invited me!!
- Weary…of the neverending wash and household chores – on top of my other to do’s. It is maddening.
- Worried…about the health of one of my girls. She has not been well since workcamp and has been having some really weird symptoms.
- Eager…to start youth group again for the fall. We put together a really great schedule and are getting a pretty cool new curriculum.
- Hopeful…that this will be the year that our youth grow closer to each other and to Christ.
- Sad…that I may have to board Ramona for my next trip. I really, really don’t want to do that but I don’t seem to have any other options.
- Angry…at myself for not handling the chaotic situation better.
- Concerned…about my continuing financial struggles. It is really maddening and I’m not sure what the answer is. I keep thinking a part-time job may be the only answer but how in the world can I take that on on top of my full-time gig and church responsibilities?
- Forgetful…even though I have been talking and thinking about the situation with Ramona all night, I forgot to give her her shot. I’ve got to go do that right now.
- Disappointed…in myself for not taking better care of myself. When I got on the scale for my drs appt, I wanted to run away and hide. I know that I use food for comfort and I need to break that habit. I also need to start exercising – even just a little bit. I can’t go on like this. It is not good for my health or my psyche. There’s more to be said on this topic but since I am trying to write more often, I shall leave that for another post.
Yes, that indeed was my sorority “nickname” – quite original (not really) but so true (oh very).
Here are pieces of randomness in my brain right now:
- My laptop is hot and feels like it is burning my leg. This can’t be good.
- I have an addiction to popcorn. I HAVE to eat it every night before bed.
- If I stay up late, I am hungry again. This is maddening and ridiculous. I cannot possibly be hungry, having just eaten an entire bag of microwave popcorn myself two hours ago.
- I was trying to explain why I like High School Musical (HSM, in case you did not catch that in the last post) and I said, “It is the Grease for this generation.” Hmmm. Probably not really. Have you seen Grease lately? Not exactly a clean, wholesome flick.
- I have fallen behind in my Scott Baio watching. I may have to go to VH1 online for recaps!
- But I did see Dog the Bounty Hunter on Larry King. Oh yes, I did.
- And all the people talking about Merv Griffin. Which reminds me then that Jessica and I used to sometimes pretend we were on the Merv Griffin Show…which at least my mamacita watched religiously. I can’t recall if hers did too or if she just thought it was terrifically funny that mine did.
- We also used to pretend I would go to England and come home with a baby. This happened virtually every time. I think I also had to sing “Tainted Love” during this at some point, which may explain why I always came home with a baby but no husband. Jess, of course, always married John Taylor from Duran Duran. Except when she liked Cheap Trick…then she would marry one of those guys (I don’t think it was Robin Zander but I cannot rightly recall.)
Whenever I want to title a post, the only thing that comes to mind is, “Crazy, But That’s How it Goes.” Hmmm….what does that say? Either:
A. I am constantly crazed
B. Old Ozzy Osbourne songs are permanently engraved in my psyche
Neither is particularly comforting.
Yesterday was a crazy day. I announced aloud several times throughout the day that I simply could not deal with chaos and chaos was surrounding me and wickedly taunting my organized, linear thinking soul. I picked up the phone to call Michelle at one point to tell her I was going to be late for a baby shower and also, by the way, that I was probably going to cry when I got there. But I hung up, deciding instead to cry in the car on the way over. Then I decided instead that this situation did not DESERVE one ounce of my tears. So there!
Tonight we had a youth group pool party, kind of a good bye party for two of my girls who have been with me since the beginning. Apparently, though, tonight is not good bye. Now I am going to watch HSM2 with some of them Friday nite and then we are saying our good byes. So tonight was only a touch sentimental. And I guess I am getting too hyper focused on planning for the fall, so that was also on my mind a lot.
On another note, I am trying to decide what to do with Kittyzilla while I am away on an upcoming trip. Apparently, the week of workcamp went well for Ramona until I had been gone five days. Then she decided she did not want her insulin and instead she wanted to kill the petsitter. So the petsitter called upon a second petsitter, apparently the petsitter to end all petsitters who can calm and medicate any raging beast. Not this one, sisters, not this one. So the message was left that they could do nothing with her and I would henceforth and so on need to board her. Besides the fact that boarding her will probably end up killing her because of the stress of it all, I just don’t think it is necessary. I mean, really, look at her. This was the day after workcamp.
How bad could she be?*** She is just a cheeky monkey who missed her mom and probably was not afforded her routine and comfort. So after appealing to the woman’s who owns the petsitting biz (but interestingly, whom I have never met or seen) we have one last hope. One last petsitter, who after a week of phone tag will be coming over Thursday to check out the situation here at mi casa.
***Note on the photo – after my description of Ramona’s psycho behavior during my trip, you might be led to believe from this photo that she ripped out Raggedy Ann’s eyeball and chewed off her nose. No, I think that was the work of a small child at some point (me being said small child). When I rummaged through some of my old toys a few years back, I dug ol’ Annie out and wanted to try to fix her. She was made for me by one of mamacita’s aunts when I was a wee one and I wanted to restore her to her original beauty. Actually, I wanted someone else with mad doll repairing skillz to do it but I cannot find said person…so I bought a googly eye and some felt to do it myself. But my parents, knowing the I do not have mad doll repairing (or sewing for the matter) skillz, talked me out of it. So now she only has one eye and a sad rubbed off nose. Which leads me to remember Jessica’s Donny Osmond doll whose arm broke off and was henceforth and always thereafter known as “Dr. One Arm”…but that is a tale for another time.
I am mentally and physically exhausted. I am supposed to be working on a proposal for work tonight but after geting home a little before 10 PM from our women’s Bible study, I am just too pooped. I did some quick cleaning that MUST be done and now I am getting ready for some shut eye, but was feeling guilty for the complete lack of blogging here lately. I want to be more faithful to the ol’ blog and to the two loyal readers I have…and I will try my darnedest.
Pocono is tomorrow – and Junebug’s got the pole! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for no rain on our parade this time.
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?
8 most of the time…though sometimes my filter falls out and I just say or write whatever…and usually get in trouble for it!
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
I was just hanging up some welcome back decorations for a coworker who is returning Monday from maternity leave and someone said something to the effect of “oh, you are so nice” or something and I replied, “That’s just how I roll” which made me laugh out loud at myself. Ha.
Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Underdog. Though I have no desire to see the new movie!
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.
Mr. Ritter in high school. He taught creative writing. He was a hoot and a great teacher! We always had fun in his class.
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that the manna in the Bible was made from the same ingredients as Smartfood. : )