I noticed many bloggers blogging (and drummers drumming and dancers dancing…) yesterday but dear Blogger was being persnickety and wouldn’t allow me the opportunity to post. So, allow me to pretend it is still Thursday and post:
13 Things I Like About Me
I have to say that I just recently went through this horribly painful exercise recently with my friend Kym’s sister Jenn in the dark spiral aftermath of The Date. She had some very insightful comments about my list and what I focused on and what I didn’t. Let’s see what y’all think.
- My hands. I have long fingers & nice nails. I also like that they can type fast!
- My love of animals. Can’t go wrong with a furry friend. They love you unconditionally!
- My love of kids. I’ve said it many times before in this ole blog, but working with the kids & youth at my church is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I can be having the worst day and they show up and refocus me.
- I know a lot of songs/bands and can recite random lyrics.
- I’m easily pleased by random songs. A song on the radio can change my whole mood in a minute.
- I love to learn. I like taking classes and learning new things. I just started my online course on pastoring children and so far, it is great! I’m really excited about it and the books we’ll be studying.
- My eyes. They are kind of a neat color.
- My height. I used to hate it, when I was young and all the boys were short, but now I think of it as a more positive attribute!
- This is an odd one – but I like that I came to faith later in my life. I think I’ve learned a great deal and have really seen the change in my life take place. Sometimes I wish I had known back in the day what I know now, but then I guess I wouldn’t be who I am.
- In my head, I still think I am in my 20s. I don’t know how to explain this one clearly but I think you in your mid-thirties and above know what I mean.
- I’ve become more willing to try things I haven’t tried before in the past few years. This DOES NOT include camping, however. Power saws, yes; camping, no.
- I’m not a picky eater. I know many…and I’m glad I am not one! I’ll try anything once, just to see if I like it.
- I got brave enough to stick my finger in my eye so I could get contacts. Ha! I always hated my glasses.