1. The memorial yesterday. It reminded me that I am very blessed and have been blessed to work with some truly amazing people in the healthcare field, people who simply desire to improve patient care. It’s easy to get mired in the politics of business and such, but I always need to bring my focus back to why I do what I do…and this is it.
2. The baseball game was postponed. I really was looking forward to it but I knew my fibro would not stand for me sitting in the cold rain for any length of time today. And boy, is it raining! I ran errands after church and was completely and utterly soaked. I had to change clothes when I got home and actually towel off and blow dry my hair! Which brings me to my next gratitude…
3. My sump pump. In the four years I’ve lived here, I’d hear it turn on now and again but today it has run absolutely non-stop. And I just checked – no flooding. Yay, sump pump!
4. Even though I knew the weekend would be crazy, I chose to go to the scrapbook class on Friday. It was really very neat what she demonstrated but I’m not sure how I’ll incorporate it yet. The best part was that my dear friend Nan ended up coming at the last minute and it is always so nice to spend time with her. I need to figure out how to do that more often, with more regularity. We have known each other since we were five years old and I am so thankful we are still friends after all this time.
5. I’ve been working on my finances and over the past few weeks, have put some things in place to free up a little extra. Not much, but I hope at least it will help me not be in such dire financial straits each month…and maybe get a new pair of shoes or suit for work some time in the near future.
6. Time to nap today. I don’t get nearly enough sleep during the week and haven’t had the luxury of sleeping in on a weekend for some time, so it was nice to snooze this afternoon…thought I did sleep way to long and ended up not getting anything else done. The traditional Sunday afternoon nap is always a double-edged sword for me! : )