Katrina is at it again – challenging us to read! Ah, it is a dream come true for me! I really enjoyed the Fall Reading Challenge – not only did it encourage me to make time to read more but I also found some great books through other blogger’s lists!
I’m not terribly good about putting in too many links in the text here (any tips on that??) so I’ll just list my challenge books by title & author!
- Searching for God Knows What – Donald Miller (nonfiction)
- The Measure of a Man – Sidney Poitier (nonfiction)
- Night – Elie Weisel
- Simple Church – Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger (nonfiction)
- 7 Practices of Effective Ministry – Andy Stanley, Reggie Joiner, and Lane Jones (nonfiction)
- When God Whispers Your Name – Max Lucado
- The Yada Yade Prayer Group Gets Rolling – Neta Jackson (fiction – LOVE THESE BOOKS!)
- The Secret Life of Becky Miller & Renovating Becky Miller – Sharon Hinck (fiction)
- The Boleyn Inheritance – Philipa Gregory (fiction)
- Marley & Me – John Grogan (nonfiction)
- A Walk in the Woods – Bill Bryson (nonfiction)
- Sunrise – Karen Kingsbury (fiction – starts a new series; coming out April 13th!)
- Gardenias for Breakfast – Robin Jones Gunn (fiction)
- Learning to Breathe Again – Tammy Trent (nonfiction)
I think that’s enough to start with! I need to check out what the library has in stock and what I have to get elsewhere.
Happy reading, all!
10 thoughts on “All Aboard for the…”
Oh, you have some good ones on there! I've read several on your list… the Donald Miller book is a favorite. I love pretty much everything I've ever read by Karen Kingsbury, and Tammy Trent's book is so moving. Keep a Kleenex handy for Marley and Me. Maybe read the Bill Bryson right after that, so you can laugh.
Have fun making your way through the list!
Sharon Hinck is a doll, and her books are fabulous! My hubby and I are reading Simple Church in bits and pieces…And I've read Blue LIke Jazz by D. Miller, but not the one you've listed…I'll be interested in what you think!
Great list! I've seen the Yada Yada Prayer Group book on tons of lists, looking forward to your review on it. Happy Reading! =)
Great list, Tricia! I agree with Karen about both Tammy Trent's book and Marley & Me. Good stuff. Thanks for joining the Spring Reading Thing. Enjoy those books!
A number of people are reading the Boleyn books, they sound very interesting. Have you read Bill Bryson before, his books are hilarious!
Enjoyed checking out your reading list. I am in the middle of Marley and Me, it is so good and ditto on the comment, keep a kleenex nearby! I am going to have to check out Measure of a Man.
I've heard that the Tammy Trent book is good as well.
As far as links, do you mean how to link the book to amazon or somewhere? You can just find the book on amazon, and then copy the link into your post by highlighting the name of the book and then using the little icon world with the chain link on it, and a box will pop up for you to put the address from the amazon page into.
I just read through the Night trilogy last year. WoW! Powerful stuff. However, my personal favorite was Night. I picked it up because we were studying WWII. I was absolutely speechless. I cried and marvelled with each passing word. Yet I couldn't put it down.
What a great list. I'm counting the days for the sunrise Series by Karen Kingsbury. Happy reading.
I like your list, I LOVE Donald Miller, his writing is very different and very enjoyable to read. I have Marley and Me on my list too! And the Becky Miller books keep popping up, so I will have to check them out. Thanks for sharing!