I know I haven’t posted in a while. I’ll use the age old busyness at the holidays excuse, topped by the busyness of trying to wrap up projects and close out six and a half years of working for one company. It’s odd to be leaving at the holidays, in so many ways. I’m looking forward to having next week off to catch up with people and relax…hopefully my nerves about starting a new job will be held at bay at least until the new year!
On a more festive note, I present the holiday meme, courtesy of Anisa
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I do enjoy the nog this time of year but peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks is my favorite holiday treat
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He’s got elves to do the wrapping!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white on both…I only like colored on houses if they are the really large old fashioned looking bulbs. Those are cool.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I haven’t in a few years…seems like a waste when there’s no one you want to kiss under it!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don’t think I have one.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Watching the yule log on tv at the Asay’s house – the parents would all be drinking, the kids would be playing, and once in a while the news would cut in with sightings of Santa
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I knew when I was like 10 but I kept up the ruse until I was 12 for my parents sake.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually, unless it’s from a friend.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Sugar cookies.
11. Snow: love it or dread it? I love it when I don’t have to shovel it.
12. Can you ice skate? Never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Barbie Dream House with the elevator.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Trying to focus on the reason for the season instead of all the commercial hubbub.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? David’s chocolate pecan pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas eve service at church
17. What tops your tree? I don’t have a tree but I have a cute Boyds Bear angel that would top it if I did
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?: Definitely giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas carol? “Do You Hear What I Hear”, with “The Little Drummer Boy” as a close second
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum? They’re ok. I usually have about one a year.
And there you have it, folks!